Our aim is to attract and develop the skilled people needed to build and maintain national IT systems and digital services.
To do this we place high value on training and professional development.
We offer a range of programmes that help our staff gain experience through formal training, frontline NHS experience, coaching and mentoring.
At the heart of our approach is an innovative partnership, formed in 2017, with the University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD), known as the Wales Institute of Digital Information (WIDI).
Key aims are to:
- Provide a pipeline of technical and information graduates with the right skills to meet the future digital needs of NHS Wales.
- To inform the design and development of specialised degree programmes to ensure they are the ‘right fit’ for NHS Wales.
- To create new learning pathways to improve access to relevant higher education training and opportunities for people in Wales.
- Provide access to bespoke training for informatics staff and to support continuous professional development.
- Provide opportunities to connect students with innovative work experience and improve employability.
- Support and professionalise the informatics workforce.
Through WIDI we run both graduate and apprenticeship schemes.